- PACE President arrives to Georgia 2013-05-28 13:42
- Ivanishvili urges Georgians living abroad to return to Georgia 2013-05-28 13:04
- Days of Georgian Diaspora 2013 in Tbilisi 2013-05-28 12:36
- Georgian FM: Russia violates the basic principles of international law 2013-05-28 12:02
- Azerbaijan is developing in all areas - PACE President 2013-05-27 14:06
- Festival of Azerbaijani culture took place in Georgia 2013-05-27 13:23
- The court of appeal has left Vano Merabishvili in detention 2013-05-27 12:52
Dimitri Shashkin to head the Ministry for Probations of Georgia2009-02-02 16:19
Dimitri Shashkin was named the Minister for Probation, Penitentiary and Legal Support of Georgia. The Ministry will start its work in nearest future.
According to Georgian mass media, Shashkin is well known in the political circles of the country and in non-governmental sector: he heads the program of Georgia in the International Republican Institute (IRI). In particular, since 1998 he has dealt with the issues of elections in Georgia and worked on change of the local legislation.
"Mister Dimitry has always sympathized with the authority [of Georgia]. I had a better opinion of him. In the present-day situation occupying this position means being the assistant to Merabishvili [the Interior Minister of Georgia]," said Davit Usupashvili, the leader of the Republican party.
In his turn, Koka Ionatashvili, the head of the New Generation-New Initiative non-governmental organization believes that Shashkin's new position is" very difficult" and "his experience and competence are quite high".
According to Ionatashvili, the candidate to the Minister is the "author of many democratic initiatives, well-known in political circles and non-governmental organizations". "I'm sure he will make quite an effective Minister", Ionatshvili said - RosBalt.
Giorgi Khuroshvili said that Shashkin is a "member of reforms group and became a candidate due to his experience".