- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Dimitri Shashkin to head the Ministry for Probations of Georgia2009-02-02 16:19
Dimitri Shashkin was named the Minister for Probation, Penitentiary and Legal Support of Georgia. The Ministry will start its work in nearest future.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Georgian mass media, Shashkin is well known in the political circles of the country and in non-governmental sector: he heads the program of Georgia in the International Republican Institute (IRI). In particular, since 1998 he has dealt with the issues of elections in Georgia and worked on change of the local legislation.
"Mister Dimitry has always sympathized with the authority [of Georgia]. I had a better opinion of him. In the present-day situation occupying this position means being the assistant to Merabishvili [the Interior Minister of Georgia]," said Davit Usupashvili, the leader of the Republican party.
In his turn, Koka Ionatashvili, the head of the New Generation-New Initiative non-governmental organization believes that Shashkin's new position is" very difficult" and "his experience and competence are quite high".
According to Ionatashvili, the candidate to the Minister is the "author of many democratic initiatives, well-known in political circles and non-governmental organizations". "I'm sure he will make quite an effective Minister", Ionatshvili said - RosBalt.
Giorgi Khuroshvili said that Shashkin is a "member of reforms group and became a candidate due to his experience".