- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bakradze hopes Gilauri will be a good PM2009-02-03 09:38
At today's meeting the Bureau of the Georgian Parliament considered the issue of credence to the new Cabinet and in tote approved it.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to David Bakradze, the Speaker, in fact only one new person will appear in the Cabinet: Dimitri Shashkin , the Minister for Penitentiary and Probation. He comes from the non-governmental sector. Dimitri Shashkin has been heading the Georgian representative office of the International Republican Institute.
The backbone of the government remains the same, except for the three changes. Nika Gilauri, the ex-Minister of Finance, will be the PM, his ex-Deputy , Kakha Baindurashvili - the Minister of Finance, Davit Tkeshelashvili will head the Ministry of Regional Developmentand Infrastructure, established on the basis of the State Minister of Regional Governance office, (headed by Tkeshelashvili), and the Department of Highways and the United Transport Administration, separated from the Ministry of Economic Development.
David Bakradze introduced Nika Gilauri and expressed hope that in the position of the PM he will work as good as in his previous positions: of the Minister of Energy and, later, the Minister of Finance.
According to the decision of the Bureau of the Parliament, the meeting of committees and fractions will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday. At these meetings the new Cabinet and the new program will be discussed. According to Gilauri, the program remains the same - United Georgia Without Poverty, with a few changes, caused by the global crisis. On February 5th this issue will be considered at the Bureau meeting one more time, on February 6th - discussed at the extraordinary plenary meeting of the Parliament.