- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Tbilisi: no US military bases to be deployed in Georgia2009-02-03 16:48
Tbilisi states that no US bases will be deployed in the Georgian territory, and this issue wasn't discussed in the course of the recent US military delegation visit, the Ministry of Defense and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs stated to Interfax.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the press office of the Ministry of Defense of Georgia, at the meeting with the US delegation Davit Sikhrulidze, the Minister of Defense of Georgia, was discussing issues connected with the Charter on strategic partnership, signed on January 9th 2009 between Georgia and the USA.
According to today's mass media messages, the USA may deploy its military bases in Georgia as a response to the Russian presence in Abkhazia.
According to these data of The Nezavisimaya Gazeta ,alluding to Kavkaz Press agency, the negotiations between Georgia and the US started in end January, when a delegation headed by General Carter Ham came to Tbilisi. The military bases may be deployed in Poti port and in Marneuli, not so far from the Georgian capital.
At the present moment the issues of the bases establishment are being discussed at the level of military agencies, Kavkaz Press informs alluding to high-ranking sources, close to the negotiations.
Tbilisi is ready to renounce this idea if Moscow revises the plans on establishment of Russian bases in Abkhazia, the paper noticed.