- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Abkhazia to participate in Genovese discussions in February2009-02-04 17:43
Abkhazia confirmed its intention to participate in the coming fourth round of the discussions on security issues of the Caucus, to be held in February 17th -18th in Geneva.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At today's meeting with Pierre Morel, the EU Special Representative, and Johan Verbeke, the Special Representative of the UN Secretary General, Sergey Shamba, the Foreign Minister of Abkhazia discussed the issues of the coming round of negotiations.
The Minister said that if someone tries to impose the project, not corresponding to the interests of Abkhazia, the Abkhaz side will not accept it. In his view, more attention is paid to political side of the issue, but not to pragmatic side.
He underlined that the EU monitoring mission, conducting monitoring in Georgia, will never be granted access to Abkhazia, "the only thing is the UN presence", he added - RIA Novosti.
Pierre Morel, in his turn, said that he hopes for wisdom and productive cooperation. He accepted that there are various approaches in the critically important aspects and added that he realized what is acceptable for Abkhazia and what is not.
According to the diplomat, the international discussions in Geneva will favor solution of many questions and decrease of the tension in the region.