- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Pentagon threatens to inflict a military strike on Iran2012-01-09 15:12
The U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has once again warned Iran against trying to block the Strait of Hormuz through which 40% of all marine oil transportation in the world is provided, the Interfax reported referring to the BBC.
"Our position is very clear - the U.S. would not tolerate the overlap of the Strait of Hormuz. This is the red line that they cannot pass, and we will respond to it", said Panetta.
In addition, according to the TV channel "Vesti", on the eve, the head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) of the U.S. Armed Forces Martin Dempsey made a statement that otherwise, a military strike by the United States may destroy Iran's nuclear program.
"The American military strike may wipe out Iran's nuclear program", he said in an interview to the CBS. "I want the leadership of the Islamic republic to realize it". "Some in the world believe that the U.S. is in crisis, moreover, in crisis of armed forces", continued Dempsey. "This has nothing common with reality".
Also the head of JCS commented the situation in the Strait of Hormuz. "If Tehran decides on military action, it can block the strait for some time", said Dempsey. "However, in this case the United States "will be able to solve this problem", said the general.