- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Burjanadze: Georgian authority understated death toll of August war2009-02-05 13:41
Georgian authority understated the death toll of the August war against Russia, stated today Nino Burjanadze, the leader of the opposition Democratic Movement-United Georgia, The Vzglyad informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Burjanadze announced no precise number, but promised to investigate it. According to Burjanadze, the authority understated the death toll "beware of protest".
President Saakashvili and his team try to conceal their "catastrophic errors", she said. Nino Burjanadze claimed the necessity for Saakashvili's resignation and confirmed readiness to organize street protest actions to achieve it.
According to the official data of the Georgian government, 372 people were killed in the August events, including 188 civilians, 168 servicemen, 16 policemen.