- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
People’s Bank of Georgia loses clients?2009-02-05 17:50
Telasi conforms: it cancels the agreements on electricity bills payments to the People's Bank of Georgiagt-en-newsitem-inside
Acording to Telasi press service the company management to close all the company accounts in the People's Bank since February 9th .
The company explained that the payments were transacted to Telasi with considerable delays, in the result, the electricity consumers suffered: they were cut off power supplies even after paying their debts.
Telasi has already informed its clients and asked them to pay the bills in other Georgian banks: The Bank of Georgia, Respublika bank, TBC Bank, Kor Standard Bank , VTB, BTA.
Until the recent time the People's Bank of Georgia was the only bank offering a wide range of services, including paying pensions, benefits, compensations, received payments of utility and phone bills and so forth.
When the bank was sold, the Ministry of Labour, Healthcare and Social Protection of Georgia stated that the bank will pay pensions and benefits before the expiry date of the agreement (end of the year). But its future was obscure.
Let us remind that on January 15th , in the Georgian Stock Exchange 69 per cent (the control stock) of the People's Bank was sold. Later the purchaser was revealed: Euro Oil, founded in Great Britain, a part of RAK Georgia Holding (Arab holding).