- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Parliament passed new PM and Cabinet2009-02-06 16:00
At today's extraordinary meeting the Parliament of Georgia passed the new PM and the Cabinet - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The passed Prime Minister is 34-year old Nikolai Gilauri. He was the Minister of Finance for the latest 18 months and also the Vice-Prime Minister for recent six months.
The President presented Gilauri for premiership on January 30th , right after the resignation of Grigol Mgaloblishvili due to ill health and the necessity for the 3-month treatment.
All the Ministers of the new government preserved their posts; the new Minister is Kakha Baindurashvili, who replaced Gilauri at the Minister of Finance post. The head of the newly established Ministry for Penitentiary and Legal Assistance is 34-year old Dimiri Shashkin, who was working in non-governmental organizations in recent years. The State Ministry for Regional governance was transformed into the Ministry of Regional Development and Infrastructure.
Gilauri repeatedly claimed that his main priority at the PM's post will be "maximum reduction of unemployment".