- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition: banking system of Georgia survived owing to war2009-02-06 17:11
Giorgi Targrmadze, the leader of the opposition Christian Democrats party stated that the banking system of Georgia survived not owing to the efforts of Nika Gilauri, the now ex- Minister of Finance (the PM since today), but owing to the August war of 2008.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"It is the "achievement" of the government's failure to avoid war, and it is the "achievement" of the assistance of the international financial institutions and friendly countries rendered to purge the results of war. So, it was the evil that turned its positive aspect to us", Targamadze said at today's meeting of the Parliament - RosBalt.
Let us remind that today the Parliament of Georgia passed the new PM and the Cabinet.
All the Ministers of the new government preserved their posts; the new Minister is Kakha Baindurashvili, who replaced Gilauri at the Minister of Finance post. The head of the newly established Ministry for Penitentiary and Legal Assistance is 34-year old Dimiri Shashkin, who was working in non-governmental organizations in recent years. The State Ministry for Regional governance was transformed into the Ministry of Regional Development and Infrastructure.