- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Gilauri presented the new program of the government2009-02-06 18:46
Nika Gilauri, the new PM of Georgia presented the governmental program nabbed "United Georgia without Poverty".gt-en-newsitem-inside
The document counts 12 pages, Novosti-Gruzia informs.
"Georgia faces two main challenges", Gilauri said at the beginning of his speech before the MPs.
The fist is "occupation of a part of Georgian territories". "The population is in danger, thousands of our citizens had to leave the place of their constant residence", Gilauri noted.
The second challenge is the continuing global crisis, affecting economies of all countries, including Georgia.
"The main objective of the government remains the same. It is united Georgia without poverty", the program states. Gilauri also underlined the necessity of quick and integrated response to minimize the harm of the global crisis on the economy of the country.
Another area that remains is the struggle with corruption. "Considering the results of anti-corruption strategy implementation it will be renewed on the basis of corresponding international organizations recommendations", the government promises.
Let us remind that at today's extraordinary meeting the Parliament of Georgia passed the new Cabinet headed by the new PM, Nika Gilauri.