- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
New constitution draft of Syria doesn't imply Assad's resignation2012-02-15 16:35
The new constitution draft of Syria doesn't include an item on the resignation of Syrian president Bashar al-Assad. A referendum on the new constitution is scheduled for february 26.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Rosbalt.ru, the new constitution draft of Syria doesn't include an item on the resignation of Syrian president Bashar al-Assad. A referendum on the new constitution is scheduled for February 26.
"Direct election of the president of Syria, who is elected for seven years, are held after the end of the term of the incumbent president", Rosbalt.ru quoted main provisions of the document. The second term of President Bashar al-Assad will expire in 2014.
Recall, as RIA.ru reported earlier, a referendum on the new constitution draft will be held in Syria on February 26.
February 12, in Damascus, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad received members of the commission on preparation a new constitution which gave him a draft of a new basic law of the country.
Adoption of a new democratic constitution was one of the key demands of the opposition in Syria after the anti-government protests which started in mid-March 2011.
Representatives of the Commission assured Assad that the new constitution will allow Syria to become "a model of civil liberties and political pluralism". According to them, the document ensures the observance of the dignity of citizens and their fundamental rights, Krsk.kp.ru reported.
In turn, the President expressed confidence that together with the constitution the legislative base, laid in the course of ongoing reforms in the country, "will bring Syria into a new era".