- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Aslan Bashidze's former assistant detained at Georgia's border2012-02-20 16:32
The opposition politician Valery Gelbakhiani was detained on his way to his homeland - Armenia. The last few years, the opposition member was wanted on charges of organizing a coup.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As reported by the Lenta.ru (http://lenta.ru/news/2012/02/20/detain1/), Valery Gelbakhiani, opposition politician, was detained on his way to his homeland - Armenia. He was a member of the Parliament of Georgia, and led the election headquarters of businessman Badri Patarkatsishvili prior to the presidential elections in 2008.
According to the IA, shortly before the election, the prosecutor's office accused Gelbakhiani in organizing a coup. This has happened after the agent of Georgia's MIA, Irakli Kodua, had met with the Head of Staff of Patarkatsishvili and the very businessman, and had spoken with them about an overthrowing the government. The very Patarkatsishvili also has been charged with it.
As recalled by the Ria.ru (http://www.ria.ru/world/20120220/570376838.html), in December 2007, Gelbakhiani led the campaign headquarters of the Georgian presidential candidate Patarkatsishvil. After instituting a criminal proceedings against him Gelbakhiani has fled the country.
In early 2012, Gelbakhiani circulated a letter asking to provide him security guarantees in order to visit Georgia and his seriously ill mother.