- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
A Possible Conflict between Russia and Abkhazia over the Health Resorts2012-02-21 15:09
A new conflict between Russia and Abkhazia over the health resorts which are on the balance of the Russian Defense Department may occur. The health resort "Yuzhniy" ("The Southern") was closed by the Abkhazian leadership leaving about 1.5 thousand people without the job.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As reported by the Rosbalt.ru, a new conflict between Russia and Abkhazia over the health resorts which are on the balance of the Russian Defense Department may occur. The health resort "Yuzhniy" ("The Southern") was closed by the Abkhazian leadership leaving about 1.5 thousand people without the job.
According to the edition, in the Defense Ministry they have claimed that the health resorts were "unprofitable". In Abkhazia, they've stated that in such a way Moscow was seeking the ownership right over the spa facilities.
In late last week, the military health resorts "Gagra" and "Gudauta" received a notice of the fact that in connection with the liquidation of the health resort "The Southern" all the staff (about 1.5 thousand people) would be dismissed in May. The resorts management hasn't commented this information, but the management of the sanatorium "Gagra" has published an announcement on its website: "We inform you that according to the order of the Department for the sanatorium ensure of the Defense Ministry, the reception of guests is stopped starting from December 13, 2011".
Meanwhile, according the information of the Lenta.ru, Moscow still hopes to avoid a conflict related to the dismissal of staff of the health resorts. A source at the Foreign Ministry of Russia has told that the issue can be resolved by the payment of compensation to the dismissed employees. "Last year there was a conflict situation with the sanatorium "Sukhumi", but all the issues were resolved by December: the employees have received compensation from the Ministry of Defense, and the issue has been lifted", he said.