- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bashar Assad has signed new constitution draft2012-02-28 15:19
Syrian president Bashar Assad has signed new constitution draft. This constitution draft was approved by the Syrians during the referendum.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As reported by the RG.ru, today, the Syrian president Bashar Assad has signed new constitution draft. This constitution draft was approved by the Syrians during the referendum.
The main innovation of the new constitution is the abolition of the eighth article of the document, which provided the leading role of the Baath Party ("Revival"). Now the Syrian constitution establishes equal rights to all the political parties, the edition reported.
Earlier, Syrian television reported that a draft of the new constitution of the Republic did not provide early presidential elections. The second term of office of Bashar Assad will expire in 2014.
Recall, earlier we wrote that on February 26, in Syria, a referendum on the new constitution draft, which should become the basis for further reforms, as well as parliamentary and presidential elections, was held. The Syrian authorities called this referendum successful.
According to Syrian Interior Minister Mohammad Al-Shaar, the voting process on the adoption of a new constitution was normal in most regions of the country; the citizens took an active part in the referendum and, ultimately, the turnout was large enough.