- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Parliamentary elections in Iran started2012-03-02 16:13
Today, Parliament (majlis) elections started in Iran. Iran's Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei voted first at the election district 110.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As reported by Iran.ru, Iran's Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei voted at the polling station 110 during Parliamentary elections in Iran. After the vote, Ayatollah spoke to reporters and urged people to actively participate in the elections. Khamenei stated that the parliamentary elections were important for security and stability in the country, the edition reported.
"Elections have always played a crucial role in our country", Khamenei said. - "Three decades have passed since the Islamic Revolution, and our people is on the right way".
As recalled by the Ria.ru, General elections to the parliament (majlis) of the ninth convocation started today in Iran. Polling stations opened at 8:00 am local time and will close at 18.00 p.m.
Approximately, up to 48 million Iranians eligible to vote may take part in the elections, the edition reported.
According to RIA Novosti, representatives of conservative political movements must become the main contenders in the upcoming elections.