- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Sarkozy was pelted with eggs2012-03-02 17:51
Hundreds of angry demonstrators forced President Nicolas Sarkozy to hide in a bar. It happened during his election tour of the Basque Country in the run-up presidential elections scheduled for April.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As reported by the 1tv.ru, during his election tour of the Basque Country Nicolas Sarkozy was surrounded by an aggressive crowd as soon as he got out of the car. Hundreds of people began to shout insults at him, as well as expression of support to Basque autonomy. The police forced the demonstrators back, while the presidential guard was creating a security ring around him.
According to the RG.ru, Sarkozy was pelted with eggs by the demonstrators. After the president has hidden from the demonstrators in a bar, a crowd of 300 - 400 protesters continued to push, and then the riot police intervened, pushing dissatisfied using shields and truncheons.
The president was forced to spend at the bar about an hour, while his car was parked nearby. Sarkozy told journalists that "socialist activists had joined the Basque separatists". According to the edition, Sarkozy promised "never to give up in the face of violence on the side of (national) minorities and the bullies of the terrorist groups".