- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Hammarberg visited Gali district of Abkhazia2009-02-11 09:59
Thomas Hammarberg, Council of Europe Commissioner for Human Rights, visited Gali district of Abkhazia, where he received Ruslan Kishmaria, the Plenipotentiary Representative of the President of Abkhazia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In the course of the negotiations the sides discussed the situation in adjacent to Georgia Gali district and protection of human rights it it - Regnum.
Kishmria reported that he situation in the district is stable: schools are working, people are busy with their routine. "Situation could be much better if special services of Georgia stopped the attempts of subversive sallies. At the same time, European structures render Georgia their assistance", Kishmaria said.
He also noted that a number of European countries refuse to issue entry visas to the citizens of the republic, and in this way directly violate rights of the latter.
Later Hammaberg received representatives of non-governmental organizations of Abkhazia.