- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bashar Assad rejected Kofi Annan's proposals2012-03-14 11:57
Syrian President Bashar Assad has rejected Kofi Annan's proposals on peaceful resolution of the conflict in the country.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As reported by the RBC, Syrian President Bashar Assad has rejected proposals of the UN and the League of Arab States special envoy Kofi Annan on peaceful resolution of the conflict in the country. According to the edition, three unnamed U.S. officials told the CNN about this.
Bashar Assad has refused to recognize Kofi Annan the LAS representative and stated that he would not undertake any actions until the opposition lays down their arms, the edition reported.
Recall, Special Envoy of the UN and Arab League Kofi Annan failed to achieve an agreement on a cease-fire at the talks in Syria.
Kofi Annan met with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in Damascus last weekend. According to the envoy, he proposed the Syrian president a number of specific options to resolve the situation in Syria.
In turn, Bashar al-Assad stressed that Syria could not successfully engage in political dialogue, while armed terrorist groups were acting on its territory.