- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Ombudsman to study facts of violations of the rights of Ivanishvili's supporters2012-03-16 14:46
Georgian Ombudsman has started examination of the facts about alleged violations of the journalists' and political parties members' rights.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As reported today by the Apsny.ge, Georgian Ombudsman has started examination of the facts about alleged violations of the journalists' and political parties members' rights.
March 13 and 14, a number of media reported that in Kutaisi, Zugdidi, Poti, Batumi, Sagarejo, Gurjaani Lanchkhuti, Chokhatauri and other cities in Georgia, members of the political parties had been fraudulently summoned to the Chamber of Control to give evidence in connection with the facts of the funding of political actors. According to the edition, allegedly during the implementation of the aforementioned procedures the journalists' right to carry out their professional activities and, together with the legitimate representatives of the above-mentioned persons, had been limited, as well as their opportunity to provide services to the customers.
During examination of these facts, the Ombudsman's representatives would talk with those citizens who had been called to the Control Chamber to give explanations. Simultaneously, the Ombudsman demanded Chief Financial Monitoring Service of the Control Chamber to provide more information whether the Control Chamber is prosecuting these persons, and why had they been summoned to the Control Chamber, the IA Regnum.
Earlier, the leaders of the coalition "Georgian Dream" of well-known Georgian businessman and politician Bidzina Ivanishvili and Georgian media reported that representatives of the Control Chamber had organizee massive interrogations of activists and supporters of the coalition in the region.