- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
The UN announces data on victims on the side of opposition2012-03-16 16:16
The Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon has announced new data on the number of victims on the side of the Syrian opposition.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As reported by the IA RBC, the Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon has announced new data on the number of victims on the side of the Syrian opposition.
According to him, over the past year, eight thousand people have been killed during anti-government protests. In mid-February 2012, the UN Secretary for Political Affairs Lynn Pascoe called the figure of 7.5 thousand people, speaking of the killed.
"More than eight thousand people were killed after the government's decision to use force to quell protests, demanding changes in the Syrian society. We must urgently stop the violence, military actions against civilians, as well as the further escalation of the conflict in Syria", the edition quoted press secretary of the UN Secretary-General, Martin Nesirki.
At the same time, according to the RG.ru, Russian Foreign Ministry called on western countries not to contact with terrorist organizations acting in Syria.
"It is beyond our contacts and we hope our Western partners will share this position", Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov stated today at a press briefing.
In addition, Russia won't take part in the next meeting of the "Friends of Syria", the edition reported. "We have not participated in last meeting. So, we don't intend to take part in the next one. "Friends of Syria" are similar to Contact Group on Libya", the official added.