- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
European Parliament warns Russia against sending troops to Syria2012-03-20 13:26
The European Parliament has warned Russia against interfering in events in Syria, as well as to realize responsibility for such a step.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As reported by the Interfax, the European Parliament has warned Russia against interfering in events in Syria, as well as to realize responsibility for such a step. They have also stated that Russia's role in developments in Syria was not constructive.
"We are disappointed that Russia is not playing a constructive role in Syria, though it could. I've heard Russia was going to send its troops to Syria, but I have not heard confirmation of this information. But if this is true, I hope Russia understands the seriousness of this step, and I hope that Russia feels responsible for the situation of citizens in Syria, for their fate, the fate of the people who are under strong pressure", the EP rapporteur on Russia Hannes Svoboda said at a press conference at the central office of the Interfax.
At the same time, Hannes Svoboda offered to cancel visa regime between Russia and the EU at the time of the Olympics in Sochi, the RG.ru reported.
"The Olympics in 2014 would be a good time for facilitating the visa regime. If we are not ready for this, then, in my opinion, we cold impose visa-free travel at least for the time of the Olympics", the representative of the European Parliament stated.
He also noted that the decision to liberalize the visa regime between the EU and Russia would be accepted until the end of 2013.