- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia outraged by appointment Tkachev special presidential envoy of the RF in Abkhazia2012-03-20 15:42
Georgia outraged by appointment Tkachev special presidential envoy of the RF in Abkhaziagt-en-newsitem-inside
Georgian authorities are outraged by appointment of Alexander Tkachev special presidential envoy of the RF in Abkhazia.
As reported by the Rosbalt, Georgian parliament is preparing a special statement in order to express its protest against the appointment of Alexander Tkachev special presidential envoy of the RF in Abkhazia. This issue was raised by the parliamentary Vice Speaker from the "Strong Georgia" Paata Davitaia.
"This is an outrageous fact, we must respond urgently. This step from the Russian side has stressed we couldn't speak of independence and annexation of the region is being continued", the edition quoted Davitaia.
Vice Speaker demanded Georgian Parliament to appeal to the International Olympic Committee to draw attention to the process of annexation of the territories on the backdrop of Russia's preparing to the Olympics.
Recall, last week, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev appointed governor of the Krasnodar Territory Alexander Tkachev the special presidential envoy of the RF in Abkhazia. Tkachev is heading Kuban, where the 2014 Winter Olympics will take place, for more than 11 years.