- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bidzina Ivanishvili fined on $ 1.65 million2012-03-21 13:30
Georgia's service to monitor financial activities of political associations of the Control Chamber has fined businessman and politician Bidzina Ivanishvili on $ 1.5 million.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As reported by the Rosbalt, Georgia's service to monitor financial activities of political associations of the Control Chamber has fined businessman and politician Bidzina Ivanishvili on $ 1.65 million (GEL 2.7 million). Ivanishvili was accused of the implementation of the illegal financing of individuals.
Under the current law of the country, the total amount of donations to political parties from any citizen should not exceed 60,000 lari ($ 36,600) a year. Organizations and corporations are not able to fund political organizations (the relevant amendments were adopted in December last year), Lenta.ru reported.
"Georgian Dream" is not officially a political party, but these restrictions for funding are applied at this coalition too.
Bidzina Ivanishvili is the founder of the opposition movement "Georgian Dream". According to the authorities, persons associated with the movement have illegally received from a businessman $ 165 thousand. Accordingly, the penalty is ten times the size of this amount.