- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Searches in apartment of the chairman of the Islamic Committee of Russia2012-03-27 14:57
FSB officers have searched the apartment of the chairman of the Islamic Committee of Russia, the famous essayist and Muslim philosopher Heydar Jemal. Officially, the security officials have been searching for extremist publications. Meanwhile, the very writer believes that the special services are putting psychological pressure on him due to his ties with the protest movement.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"They came at 7 am. I did not open the door and called Maxim Shevchenko (politician and TV presenter, member of the Public Chamber), who lives across the house from me. I told him that a few robust men, I suppose "enforcers" are trying to break into my apartment", Jamal said.
After this Heydar Jemal informed about what was happening his lawyer and then opened the door to unknown men, who turned out to be FSB officers.
According to FSB officers, the reason for the search was one of the publications on Jemal's website islamkom.org. The officers didn't explain what kind of article they had been looking for, citing the secrecy of the investigation. However, according to the writer, the material was posted online a few years ago.
Heydar Jemal is the chairman of the Islamic Committee of Russia, permanent member of the Islamic-Arab International Conference and member of the coordinating council of the Left Front of Russia - leftist political organization known by various actions.