- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Syria approved plan for peaceful resolution2012-03-27 16:23
Syrian authorities have approved the plan of peaceful conflict resolution, offered by the UN and the Arab League special envoy to Syria General Kofi Annan.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As reported by the RG.ru, the UN and the Arab League special envoy to Syria General Kofi Annan has got confirmation that the Syrian authorities have approved the plan of peaceful conflict resolution.
"Syrian leadership wrote a letter to special envoy Kofi Annan about its consent to his six-point plan. Plan was previously approved by the UN Security Council", Annan's spokesman Ahmad Fawzi said.
In turn, Annan called on Damascus to urgently start implementing the plan.
"Special envoy expresses his acknowledgment for the broad support to his mediation efforts and calls on key countries to help in their implementation and to ensure their effective implementation", the edition quoted Ahmad Fawzi.
This plan includes a cease-fire, start a political dialogue between the government and opposition, as well as providing humanitarian organizations access in Syria.