- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili called Abkhazia and South Ossetia a "black holes" for nuclear contraband2012-03-28 12:53
During his speech at the Nuclear Security Summit in Seoul Mikhail Saakashvili Abkhazia and South Ossetia a "black hole" for nuclear contraband.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As reported by the Rosbalt, Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili, speaking at the plenary session of the Nuclear Security Summit in Seoul, called Abkhazia and South Ossetia "black holes" for the contraband of nuclear materials.
"International monitoring is not carried out in the Russian-occupied Georgian regions - Abkhazia and South Ossetia, so they are really the two black holes ...", President said.
He stressed that several cases of smuggling of nuclear materials has been fixed "exactly in the occupied territories", but the international community has received no information from these areas. "There is no international mechanism to confirm these cases, or to start an investigation", the IA Regnum quoted Saakashvili's words.
According to him, in general, to strengthen nuclear security in the post-Soviet space the international community must double its efforts, since in this region there are not only large quantities of nuclear substances, but also the countries that need help in the fight against smugglers and criminal gangs. Therefore, this region needs a strong and long-term international involvement, the edition reported.