- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
President of Georgia to be present at the debates2009-02-12 10:36
Today Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, will not only present his annual report on the situation in the country to the Parliament, but will also be present at the debates on his report and will answer the question of the MPs, stated Davit Bakradze, the Speaker of the Parliament, after consultations with the representatives of parliamentary majority, opposition and government.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Bakradze, participation of the President in the debates will be another step forward in the way of democracy and will favor better relations between the President and the Parliament.
"After the President's presentation of the report to the Parliament the break will be made, then presentations of the chairpersons of fractions will begin .As for the MPs outside fractions, their participation in the debates is not implied by the regulations", Bakradze stated.
In this way, it was his response of the previously made demand of Jondi Bagaturia, the MP outside fraction. Bagaturia stated that the regulations of the Parliament allow MPs outside fractions to participate in debates, but the government keeps them away, afraid that MPs may ask the President sharp and undesirable questions.
The participation of the President in the debates after presentation of his annual report was abolished several years ago. The "Chistian Democrats" fraction put forward an initiative to restore the previous format of the hearing.