- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Azerbaijan to support Kofi Annan's peaceful resolution plan2012-04-03 15:32
Azerbaijan decided to join international community in terms of the UN peaceful resolution plan of Syrian conflict. This was announced by Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov, the country supports the UN peaceful resolution plan of Syrian conflict, developed by the UN Special Envoy Kofi Annan, the IA Regnum reported.
"As a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council, Azerbaijan supports the plan of the former UN Secretary General Kofi Annan related to Syria", Mammadyarov said, commenting his participation at the meeting of "Friends of Syria" in Istanbul. According to him, Azerbaijan's position coincides with the position of the League of Arab States, the edition reported.
Recall, the meeting with the participating of the countries members of the so-called "Friends of Syria", which was attended by representatives of more than 60 countries and 10 international organizations, finished yesterday in Istanbul. Representatives of Russia and China decided not to take part in this meeting in Turkey. At the meeting, it was suggested to impose new sanctions against the regime of President Bashar al-Assad.
Additional sanctions may be imposed in case of non-fulfillment of the terms of the plan, developed by the UN special envoy Kofi Annan, consisting of six points. A working group, whose first meeting will be held in Paris on April 16, 2012, will elaborate these measures.