- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russian language became official in South Ossetia2012-04-05 13:46
Parliament of South Ossetia has adopted the constitutional law "On state languages in the Republic of South Ossetia".gt-en-newsitem-inside
As reported by the Rosbalt, during the plenary session Parliament of South Ossetia has adopted a constitutional law "On state languages of the Republic of South Ossetia". The law was passed on first reading.
Recall, in mid-November last year, national referendum on granting Russian language a state status was held in South Ossetia. According to its results, 83.99% of the citizens of the country supported this initiative.
"The law requires state institutions to carry out the office work in two languages - Russian and Ossetian. This normative act aims to protect and develop linguistic culture in South Ossetia, to create the conditions for its full functioning. At the same time, it doesn't affects the rights of the citizens of South Ossetia, speaking other languages", Deputy Speaker of Parliament, Chairman of the Committee on national policy, culture, education, science, religion and media, Mira Tskhovrebova.