- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Kofi Annan's peace plan in Syria is in jeopardy2012-04-09 14:52
Armed opposition in Syria decided to adhere to the ceasefire in accordance with the requirements of the League of Arab States, however, it would not sign any direct agreements with Damascus.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As reported by the Vesti.ru, armed opposition in Syria won't sign any direct agreements with official Damascus. This might put Kofi Annan's peace plan in Syria in jeopardy.
"We will carry out all our commitments to the international community, however, we will not build relations with Damascus", the edition led the words of the representative of so-called "Free Syrian Army".
On the eve, the Syrian government demanded the opposition to provide written guarantees on the cessation of attacks on those neighborhoods and villages, from which regular troops have been withdrawn. Simultaneously, Damascus is seeking assurances from several countries in the region to stop funding and arming the Syrian opposition.
At the same time, the UN and the League of Arab States (LAS) Special Envoy Kofi Annan considers unacceptable the escalation of violence in Syria and called on the Government to stop the hostilities by April 10, the Rosbalt reported.
"I am shocked by recent reports of outbreaks of violence and atrocities in several cities and towns of Syria, which led to considerable number of the victims, refugees and displaced persons. It is a violation of the assurances given to me", said in Annan's statement.