- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Abkhazia receives repatriates from Syria2012-04-09 15:50
According to the VZGLIAD, about 90 ethnic Abkhazs are ready to return to their historical land from Syria.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Meanwhile, two repatriates from Syria already arrived to Abkhazia in February this year. The head of the Abkhazian State Committee for Repatriation Zurab Adleiba, who visited Syria, said that one-third of those 90 people are ready to immediately return to Abkhazia. The returnees will live in a hotel within first four months, later they will settle in the area of Gulripsh.
The repatriates will have opportunity to learn Abkhaz and Russian languages, so that their children could go to school, and adults - to find a job.
Official Abkhazian delegation visited Syria to study the possibility to deliver assistance to compatriots because of the difficult political situation in the country. According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Abkhazia, from 8 to 10 thousand ethnic Abkhazians are now in Syria, the edition reported.
Recall, in the near future Abkhazia begins the process of repatriation its Diaspora from Syria. We cannot say that the descendants of ethnic Abkhazians are fleeing the country, covered the civil war, but there are more and more of those wanting to move to the land of their ancestors.