- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
The president of Georgia presents his report in the Parliament2009-02-12 18:38
The annual speech of the President in the Parliament started with a 30-minute delay. The speech is being broadcasted by several TV channels of Georgia live, RIA Novosti informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Besides the MPs, foreign journalists accredited in Georgia, heads of diplomatic missions of several countries and international organizations, member of the Holy Synod gathered in the hall of plenary meetings.
The whole Cabinet of Ministers is also hearing to the 40-minute speech.
When the report is finished, President Saakashvili stays in the hall to listen to the positions of MPs on the issues he touched upon in his speech - as it was decided after the consultations with the parliamentary leaders.
It's worthy noticing that it is the first case for several years when the present-day President of Georgia has decided to participate in the political debates with the opponents in the hall of meetings after his annual speech.