- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ivanishvili doesn't want ask Saakashvili for the citizenship2012-04-10 18:47
Georgian billionaire and politician Bidzina Ivanishvili has decided not to address to president Saakashvili with a request to grant him Georgian citizenship.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the spokesperson of Georgian billionaire and politician Bidzina Ivanishvili, Maya Panjikidze, he has decided not to address to president Saakashvili with a request to grant him Georgian citizenship. She announced this today at a press conference, NewsGeorgia reported.
Recall, Wednesday, April 4, the Civil Registry Agency of Georgia published resolution on the question of granting the leader of the opposition coalition "Georgian Dream", billionaire Bidzina Ivanishvili, Georgian citizenship. According to the document, Ivanishvili was denied of returning citizenship through naturalization since he is also a citizen of another country.
"A citizen of France Bidzina Ivanishvili appealed to the Civil Registry Agency with a request to grant him Georgian citizenship by naturalization. Georgian legislation does not provide granting of the citizenship to foreign nationals by naturalization", the edition led the statement of the Ministry of Justice.
According to the Ministry of Justice, the billionaire was to file other application - on the granting of dual citizenship. Under the Georgian law, such issue is being solved positively only in exceptional cases (for special merits to Georgia or if the assignment of the citizenship is related to the state interests of the country).