- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili announced the main enemy of Georgia2009-02-13 10:42
At yesterday's presentation of his annual report Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia called Russia the main enemy of his country - Novuy Region.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the Georgian leader, the country confronts "great and dangerous enemy" - Russia. "The enemy tries to expel Georgia from all international organizations. It does not cooperate with the world community. The enemy aims to divide Georgia completely and wipe it off world map," he said.
Russia is trying to construct a kind of Berlin Wall in Abkhazia, the very wall over which Russian servicemen escaped to the West Berlin, the President said. "Our enemy is not the Russian nation, but the policy of Russian government aimed at destruction of our state," he added.
He reminded that Georgia had close cultural and educational ties with Russia, representatives of the Georgian intelligentsia studied in Russia, Russian writers created their best works in Georgia.
Saakashvili reiterated he has no intention to run for President in 2013.
"I will not be the President in 2013", he stated. - Before 2013 I will perform my presidential duties. After this term Georgia will have the new President who will take office via free and democratic elections" .