- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
UN observers arrive in Syria2012-04-13 16:32
New groups of the UN observers will arrive to Syria in two stages.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As reportedby the Rosbalt, the next groups of the UN observers will arrive to Syria in two stages. The first group, which will include hardly more than 10 people. This was stated by the representative of the Special Envoy of the UN and Arab League Kofi Annan, Ahmad Fawzi.
Today, the UN Security Council is expected to consider a draft resolution, which refers to the need to send only an advance team of observers to Syria.
Later, if the situation in Syria won't deteriorate, the UN would consider sending the rest of the 250 unarmed observers.
Recall, Plan of the UN and the League of Arab States (LAS) special envoy, General Kofi Annan, which provides cessation of violence in Syria, came into force yesterday at 6 am local time. Official Damascus has promised Annan to adhere to the terms of this truce, starting at the specified hour.
International observers and human rights activists confirmed that the situation in Syria at the moment is calm, and Damascus has carried out international obligations under the peace plan.