- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
First group of UN observers arrive in Syria2012-04-16 11:48
The first group of the UN observers, designed to watch over the fulfillment of Kofi Annan's peace plan, has arrived in Syria.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As reported by the BBC Russian, the first group of the UN international observers, which is to monitor the compliance with the ceasefire in Syria, has arrived to the country.
The group consists of six members. They must start their work on Monday morning, spokesman for the UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations Kieran Dwyer said.
Recall, Plan of the UN and the League of Arab States (LAS) special envoy, General Kofi Annan, which provides cessation of violence in Syria, came into force yesterday at 6 am local time. Official Damascus has promised Annan to adhere to the terms of this truce, starting at the specified hour.
International observers and human rights activists confirmed that the situation in Syria at the moment is calm, and Damascus has carried out international obligations under Kofi Annan's peace plan.