- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Non-use of force is the main prerequisite of the UN mission in Abkhazia and Georgia prolongation2009-02-13 13:05
The key resolution of the resolution on the UN presence in Abkhazia mandate prolongation must be the urge to the non-use of force, stated Grigoriy Karasin, the Deputy Foreign minister of Russia, in his yesterday's phone talk with Sergey Shamba, the Minister of foreign affairs of Abkhazia, ITAR TASS informs, alluding to the Foreign Ministry of Russia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Since the moment of adoption of the previous resolutions on this issue the situation in the region has changed dramatically, and the project must consider the new realities", Karasin noted.
"The key regulation of the resolution, the draft of which is being agreed in the UN Security Council, must be the urge to the non-use of force - Karasin underlined. - It fully complies with the Medvedev-Sarkozy plan. The acceptance of the necessity to work out the proper security regime at the Georgian-Abkhazian border is of principal importance for the draft. We are ready to start the endorsement of this regime in nearest future, surely, with Sokhumi participation".
The Foreign Minister of Abkhazia, in his turn, confirmed his adherence to cooperation in security ensuring, non-use of force, human rights protection and implementation of agreements signed by the Presidents of Russia and France, the Foreign Ministry of Russia informed.
The diplomats agreed to continue exchange of opinions both in the process of this document preparation and in the context of working out the parameters of further UN monitors' presence in the region. "It is impossible without consideration of the legitimate interests of the Abkhazian side ", the Russian Foreign Ministry concluded.