- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Number of the UN observers in Syria will increase2012-04-20 16:40
The number of UN Observer Mission in Syria will increase to 30 people during the week.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Currently, there are seven of them in the country, the RIA Novosti reported quoting the representative of the UN and the Arab League special envoy to Syria Ahmad Fawzi.
"Currently, seven people are at the spot. It is expected that two more people will arrive on Monday", Fawzi said. He added that he hoped for a speedy adoption of the UN Security Council's decision to increase the number of observers in Syria up to 300 people. Annan's representative also noted that the situation in Syria is difficult and the truce is fragile.
"The situation is complex. This ceasefire remains quite fragile", Fawzi said, adding that the clashes did not stop, and every day brings new victims, the edition reported.
Recall, the first group of the UN international observers, which is to monitor the compliance with the ceasefire in Syria, arrived to the country on April 16.