- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
"Georgian Dream" is going to change the tax code2012-04-24 11:49
As reported by the GHN, "Georgian Dream" will change the tax system in case of coming to power in the country, spokesperson Maya Panjikidze said.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"If we come into power, we would immediately change the system of income and establish the exemption limit, which will be equated to the living-wage. Currently, the living-wage amounts 160 GEL, which means that people whose income is 160 GEL per month, won't pay taxes", Panjikidze said.
At the same time, the amount to taxation for all other citizens will decrease by 160 GEL, the edition added. "For example, if a person's monthly salary is 300 GEL, he brings home only 240 GEL. With our system, people will bring home 272 GEL since the tax minimum of 160 GEL will not be taxed", the spokesperson explained.
The constituent congress of the opposition party "Georgian Dream - Democratic Georgia", founded by billionaire Bidzina Ivanishvili, was held on Saturday. 1.1 thousand delegates elected the party lawyer Manana Kobakhidze its Chairman. According to her, she "will head the party as long as its founder would not be able to take the reins in his hands".