- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Construction of Neskra hydro power started in Georgia2012-04-24 13:59
As reported by the RBC, President of Georgia Mikheil Saakashvili has opened the construction of hydroelectric power plant Neskra of capacity 210 MW and the cost of 630 million dollars in the mountain region of Svaneti in the village of Chuberi in the west of the country.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the Georgian president, Neskra will be the largest hydropower plant in Georgia after the Inguri hydroelectric power plant that provides electricity to Georgia and Abkhazia.
Neskra hydroelectric power station is being constructed in partnership with Chinese energy companies. "It's really a very big event", Mikheil Saakashvili said. According to him, there will be built a cascade of hydroelectric power in Svaneti, and in five years production of the electricity in the country will be doubled, the edition reported.
Note that by late 2012, construction of another ten hydroelectric power plants will begin in Georgia. Currently, the construction of three high-voltage power lines to the borders with Turkey and Azerbaijan is being carried out in Georgia.