- PACE President arrives to Georgia 2013-05-28 13:42
- Ivanishvili urges Georgians living abroad to return to Georgia 2013-05-28 13:04
- Days of Georgian Diaspora 2013 in Tbilisi 2013-05-28 12:36
- Georgian FM: Russia violates the basic principles of international law 2013-05-28 12:02
- Azerbaijan is developing in all areas - PACE President 2013-05-27 14:06
- Festival of Azerbaijani culture took place in Georgia 2013-05-27 13:23
- The court of appeal has left Vano Merabishvili in detention 2013-05-27 12:52
Georgia has established diplomatic relations with Guyana2012-04-24 15:48
According to the NewsGeorgia, the Permanent Mission of Georgia to the UN reported that Georgia had established diplomatic and consular relations with the South American republic of Guyana.
The signing ceremony of documents on the establishment of diplomatic relations was held at the Permanent Mission of Georgia to the UN in New York on April 23.
"According to the protocol, Georgia will develop bilateral political, economic, humanitarian and cultural relations with Guyana in accordance with the fundamental norms of international law, which is expressed in the observance of the principles of territorial integrity, inviolability of borders, non-interference in the internal affairs of each other and sovereign equality", said in a statement, the edition reported.
In accordance with established practice, the parties have notified the UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon on establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries in a joint letter.