- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
U.S.: Syrian authorities do not let UN observers on its territory2012-04-25 11:31
As reported by the RG.ru, Syrian authorities refuse to let the UN observers from countries belonging to the group "Friends of Syria" on its territory. This was stated by the U.S. ambassador to the UN Susan Rice.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Damascus has refused to let one member of an advance group of observers, which is tasked to monitor the ceasefire", she explained.
Susan Rice noted with reference to Herve Ladsous who is in charge of the UN peacekeeping operations, that "the Syrian authorities have already declared that they would not let any observer from the state involved in the group "Friends of Syria", the edition added.
This group includes the U.S., France, Britain and other countries that support the Syrian opposition.
Recall, the first group of the UN international observers, which is to monitor the compliance with the ceasefire in Syria, has arrived to the country.
The group consists of six members. They must start their work on Monday morning, spokesman for the UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations Kieran Dwyer said.