- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
PACE: Annan's Plan on Syria gave no specific results2012-04-26 14:56
As reported by the RIA Novosti, PACE supports peace plan of the UN and the Arab League special envoy General Kofi Annan to resolve the situation in Syria, but notes that this plan has not yet given a clear result, PACE rapporteur Pietro Marchinaro said on Thursday.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We support Kofi Annan's plan, but this plan has not provided the expected results and is unapplicable in practice", he said.
However, the rapporteur added that "there is no military solution" for the Syrian problem. He stressed that the Annan's plan had an important political dimension.
Recall, recently the UN Secretary General stated the need to monitor the situation with a ceasefire throughout Syria and to increase the observer mission in the country.
April 16, first group of the UN observers arrived in Syria. The mission should consist of 250 people. On Tuesday, the UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon stated the need to increase the number of observers in Syria, to send the UN aircraft there, as well as asked the EU to send more aircrafts and helicopters there.