- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
The EU has accused Damascus of violating ceasefire2012-04-28 16:28
As reported by the Interfax, the European Union's High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Catherine Ashton has accused the government of Syria in violation of the ceasefire.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"I am deeply concerned at the continuation of violence in Syria and violations of the ceasefire, which must be observed from April 12. It is clear that the Syrian government is not fulfilling its obligations and has not fulfilled promises to withdraw troops and heavy military equipment from the population centers", said in Ashton's statement.
She stressed that despite the presence of UN observers in the country, terms of the ceasefire are being violated.
"I once again demand from the Syrian authorities to fully comply with the terms of the agreement with the UN and to immediately and fully comply with the plan of Kofi Annan, supported by resolutions 2042 and 2043 of the UN Security Council", Catherine Ashton stated.
Meanwhile, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov believes that the Syrian opposition purposefully violates ceasefire in the country to provoke external intervention.