- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
South Ossetia hopes for working out the mechanism of incident prevention on Caucasus2009-02-16 14:13
South Ossetia counts on discussion of incident prevention mechanisms in the fourth round of the international discussion on Caucasus , ITAR TASS informs alluding to Murat Dzhioyev, the Foreign Minister of South Ossetia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Dzhioyev, "signing the document on incidents prevention would be a true achievement of the Genovese discussions".
At the same time, he worries about the possible failure of the dialog. "There is a possibility of another failure of the discussions. It may occur at the attempt to grant the delegations different statuses. It is inadmissible for us", he mentioned.
The mechanism for prevention of incidents, which have become more often at the border of South Ossetia and Georgia, must imply regular contacts with the international monitors, working in the territory of Georgia, adjacent to South Ossetia.
This idea was previously uttered by Boris Chochiyev, the President of South Ossetia's envoy on the issues of post-conflict settlement. He mentioned that the provocations of the Georgian side are conducted from the territories are to be controlled by the international monitors. Chochieyv complained that the South Ossetian side has no connection with them and cannot inform them of the events happening.
"As for the desire of the European monitors to work in the territory of South Ossetia, the authority of the republic repeatedly stated that the threat of combat action resumption comes from Georgia only, and the work of monitors and monitoring must be conducted there", he added.
Let us remind that the fourth round of Genovese discussions will be held on February 17th - 18th The participants are: delegations of Russia, the USA, Georgia, Abkhazia, South Ossetia. The EU, OSCE, the UN.