- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
300 UN observers to arrive in Syria by late May2012-05-02 17:16
As reported by the Radio Svoboda, on Tuesday, the head of the Department of Peacekeeping Operations Herve Ladsous told reporters that three hundred UN observers will arrive in Syria by the end of May.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Currently, in Syria, there are 24 peacemakers and 150 members of the monitoring mission. They keep track of how the parties of the conflict respect the conditions of the ceasefire agreement, which entered into force on 12 April.
According to Ladsous, observers report that the violation of the agreement are being recorded on the part of government troops, as well as the on the part of the opponents of the regime of President Bashar al-Assad.
Recall, the first group of the UN international observers, which is to monitor the compliance with the ceasefire in Syria, arrived to the country on April 16.
"The situation is complex. This ceasefire remains quite fragile", the representative of the UN and the Arab League special envoy to Syria Ahmad Fawzi said, adding that the clashes did not stop, and every day brought new victims.