- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
U.S. urges all parties of the conflict in Syria to refrain from violence2012-05-03 15:10
As reported by the RIA Novosti, the U.S. urges all parties of the conflict in Syria, including the opposition, to refrain from escalation of violence and to scrupulously comply the terms of peace plan of the UN and the Arab League envoy Kofi Annan, State Department spokesman Mark Toner stated.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Following a series of bombings in Syria on April 27, three days later two cars were detonated in the north of the country in the town of Idlib. The attack was directed against the state institutions, in particular, the office of special services. Nine people were killed and dozens of civilians were injured, nearby homes were severely damaged.
"We would like both sides to cease violence and begin to carry out the Annan's plan. However, the Assad's regime has not still made steps in this direction, while the plan provides the return of troops to their bases, the release of political prisoners and free accommodation of the international observers in conflict zone", Mark Toner said at a briefing today.
Recall, on Tuesday, the head of the Department of Peacekeeping Operations Herve Ladsous told reporters that three hundred UN observers will arrive in Syria by the end of May.