- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Double terrorist act in Makhachkala2012-05-04 13:11
As reported by the RIA Novosti, the largest for recent time terrorist attack occurred in the Dagestani capital Makhachkala. Two explosions thundered on late Thursday night at the police post. According to various sources, from 12 to 13 people were killed, over 100 people were injured. 83 injured were hospitalized, the fate of one man remains unknown.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Prosecutor's office has instituted a criminal case under article "terrorist attack". The president of Dagestan Magomedsalam Magomedov urgently interrupted a business trip to Moscow and returned to the republic, the edition reported.
The head of the Investigative Committee of Russia in Dagestan Rasul Temirbekov told the Radio Mayak some details of the case. "The first explosion has caused damage to buildings and cars. 15 minutes later, when police and officers of the Russian Emergencies Ministry in the Republic of Dagestan, as well as passers-by gathered at the spot, an unidentified person has activated the second improvised explosive device planted in a car allegedly "Gazel". As a result of the second explosion 12 people were killed, including seven police officers, 3 officers of rescue team and 2 civilians. More than 100 people were hospitalized with the wounds of varying severity. Considerable damage was caused to the nearby buildings and facilities. More than 30 cars damaged".
Meanwhile, information about the power of explosive devices is still different. Thus, according to the National Anti-Terrorist Committee, the power of the two blasts amounted 80 kilos of TNT. According to the Investigation Committee, total capacity of the two bombs exceed 150 kilograms of TNT.