- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
A suspect in the assassination attempt on Ankvab arrested in Abkhazia2012-05-04 14:08
As reported by the Caucasian Knot, Edlar Chitanava, who is accused of involvement in the assassination attempt on Ankvab in July 2007 and declared internationally wanted, detained in Abkhazia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
July 9, 2007, an unknown fired at the car of prime minister of Abkhazia Ankvab from a grenade launcher en route from the town of Gudauta to his office in Sukhum. Ankvab received minor injuries.
As a result of operational activities undertaken by the State Security Service and Ministry of Internal Affairs of Abkhazia, Edlar Chitanava was arrested on April 28.
April 19, the General Prosecutor's Office charged him in absentia of involvement in the assassination attempt on Alexander Ankvab, which took place in Gudauta.
Currently, Edlar Chitanava testifies to the investigation about the circumstances of his involvement in the assassination attempt on Ankvab, the edition reported.
Recall, the sixth attempt on the President of Abkhazia was committed in the morning, February 22. The car of Alexander Ankvab was exploded during his way to Sukhum. After the blow, the attackers opened fire at his car. The President survived.