- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
More than 150 people were injured as a result of explosion of balloons with gas in Armenia2012-05-05 13:46
As reported by the Polit.ru, 154 people, including children, were injured as a result of the explosion of balloons with the gas in Yerevan on Friday. 76 people were hospitalized, 25 of them - in the intensive care unit. This was reported by the deputy chief of Emergency Rescue Service of Armenia Nikolay Grigoryan. No dead reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Explosion of the balloons filled with gas occurred at the Republic Square in Yerevan during pre-election meeting-concert of the ruling Republican Party of Armenia at about 19:30 local time. People in close proximity to the scene were injured.
A criminal case was insulted on the fact of the explosion. Among the possible versions of the explosion there are self-ignition, the violation of fire regulations, improper storage of flammable substances. One of the most probable cause of the explosion is the ignition of methane in the balloons.
President of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan said that the victims receive the necessary assistance, and, if necessary, the best specialists from abroad would be invited to Armenia.